North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North East Tasmania call our North East Region on (03) 6350 6466
- Bryans Road is closed at the bridge over the Brushy Rivulet due to bridge failure. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- McKays Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the McKays Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- 27th & 28th July - Temporary road closure between 7am and 6pm during the Tasmanian Rally Championships. Refer to www.rally.com.au/tasmania for details
North to North Western Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North West Tasmania call our North West Region at Camdale on (03) 6433 2666
- Black Creek Road, through access is no longer available on Black Creek Road (Blythe Road end of Upper Natone) due to the log culvert washing away. However there is vehicle access (not for log trucks) from Loyetea end to Blythe River. (Posted 12/09/16)
- Mt Bertha Road, the access to Wes Beckett Falls from the Tarkine Drive - closed from the junction of Sumac Road due to continuing falling trees as a result of damage caused by 2016 bushfire. Given the danger this poses, the road will remain closed indefinitely (Updated 15/5/2018)
- Blackfish Road at Oldina Reserve south of Beswick Road Junction has been closed due to safety concerns. The gate will remain locked. (Posted 23/06/16)
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (Posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
For queries on road/track closures in Southern Tasmania call our Southern Region on (03) 6235 8100 OR (03) 6295 7111
- Russel Road - is closed northwest of Lonnavale due to damage to the "twin" bridges. Alternative access to the Nevada Peak walking track is available by using McDougals Road off Denison Road (Posted 11/08/17).
- Styx Rd - Closed between Styx Link (Lett Road) and Andromeda Link during bridge replacement to ensure public safety until 30 September 2018 approximately. Access from Maydena to the Big Tree attractions in the Styx Valley will not be affected (Updated 2/7/18).
- Tiger Road - The bridge over Florentine River on Tiger Road ( two kilometres in from the intersection with Florentine Road) is closed due to bridge failure. Access to the west side of the Florentine River is via Eleven Road. (Posted 16/12/16).
- Barnback Track - will be closed for approximately 6 months due to harvesting of coupe BB025A at following locations; South Barnback Spur 3 with contractor gate; Griggs Rd quarry with FT signage; and Barnback Track to the north of coupe BB025A with FT signage. (Posted 07/10/16)
- Florentine Road - The bridge on Florentine Road which crosses the Florentine River near Wayatinah is closed, (Posted 07/06/16).
- Hopetoun Outlet - Hopetoun Road is closed to through traffic until early March to ensure public safety during harvesting operations approximately 3.5 km from the junction with the Huon Highway. (Posted 23 January 2018).
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road just past Glovers Bluff turn is closed because of road damage. (Updated 01/12/15)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)