North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North East Tasmania call our North East Region on (03) 6350 6466
- Memory Road between Gunns Road and Upper Esk Road is impassable due to a section of road being washed out/collapsing and fallen vegetation blocking access (alternative route being Upper Esk Road onto Telopea Road then through to Gunns Road). (Posted 22/10/2008)
- Bryans Road is closed at the bridge over the Brushy Rivulet due to bridge failure. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- McKays Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the McKays Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Maggs Road access will be temporarily restricted for safety reasons due to the harvesting adjacent to the road from late January 2019 through to late March 2019. During operational hours between 6am and 8pm Monday to Friday, there may be short delays (up to 30 minutes) for through traffic on Maggs Road. (Posted 12/12/18)
- Hogans Road between Argonaut Road junction and Granite Knob Road junction has been closed due to bridge structure damage. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service. (Posted 13/12/2018)
North to North Western Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North West Tasmania call our North West Region at Camdale on (03) 6433 2666
- Black Creek Road, through access is no longer available on Black Creek Road (Blythe Road end of Upper Natone) due to the log culvert washing away. However there is vehicle access (not for log trucks) from Loyetea end to Blythe River. (Posted 12/09/16)
- Mt Bertha Road, the access to Wes Beckett Falls from the Tarkine Drive - closed from the junction of Sumac Road due to continuing falling trees as a result of damage caused by 2016 bushfire. Given the danger this poses, the road will remain closed indefinitely (Updated 15/5/2018)
- Blackfish Road at Oldina Reserve south of Beswick Road Junction has been closed due to safety concerns. The gate will remain locked indefinitely. (Updated 6/12/18)
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (Posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
For queries on road/track closures in Southern Tasmania call our Southern Region on (03) 6235 8100 OR (03) 6295 7111
- Mueller Road - Mueller Rd will be closed for approx 4 months to ensure public safety during forestry operations. (Posted 17/8/18)
- Russel Road - is closed northwest of Lonnavale due to damage to the "twin" bridges. Alternative access to the Nevada Peak walking track is available by using McDougals Road off Denison Road (Posted 11/08/17).
- Tiger Road - The bridge over Florentine River on Tiger Road ( two kilometres in from the intersection with Florentine Road) is closed due to bridge failure. Access to the west side of the Florentine River is via Eleven Road. (Posted 16/12/16).
- Florentine Road - The bridge on Florentine Road which crosses the Florentine River near Wayatinah is closed, (Posted 07/06/16).
- South Weld Road - South Weld road just past Glovers Bluff turn is closed due to road damage. (Updated 01/12/15)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
- Styx Rd - The Styx rd between Roberts Road and Mueller Road to the West of Maydena will be closed for safety reasons from mid January 2019 to the end of May 2019 (Posted 12/12/18).
- Stubbs Rd - is closed 300m in from Hopetoun Rd junction for approx 2 weeks (Posted 21/11/18).