Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, including talent acquisition and retention.
Our People and Culture team aims to provide a flexible, diverse and resilient workplace where employees and contractors are empowered through a shared culture and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Employment with Sustainable Timber Tasmania is based on merit, as determined by an applicant's qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and capacity for growth in the position and organisation. We assess applications against relevant selection criteria, as well as demonstrated ability to align with our values and strategic goals.
- Forest Products Support Officer - Based in our Hobart office, the Forest Products Support Officer provides administrative assistance to the Assistant General Manager and the Forest Products team.
To discuss the role please contact Alistair Hayward, Assistant General Manager Forest Products on 03 6169 2816 during business hours. Applications close at 9.00am on Tuesday 22 January 2019.
- Non Executive Director - Applications are sought for a non-executive director with an interest in sustainable forest management within Tasmania. Ideally the appointee will have a professional legal background and an exceptional governance record, preferably with AICD qualifications and experience in natural resource management.
To discuss the role please contact Anita Ziemer of the Slade Group on (03) 9285 5818. Applications close on Friday 25 January 2019. The position description is attached below. To apply please forward covering letter and CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GIS Manager - STT has undertaken significant work in formulating a GIS Strategy. It is now seeking an experienced professional to create an Operational Plan for the team to implement. The role is to commence in March 2019, is based in our Hobart office and is a permanent full time role.
To discuss the role please contact Mark Rippon, Resources and Planning Manager, on (03) 6369 2827 or 0408 518188. Applications close at 9.00am on 29 January 2019.
- Land Management Officer - North and North-West Tasmania - Responsible for land management planning and stakeholder engagement across the forest estate. 12 month fixed term contract with possibility of an extension to 2 years. Your application should contain a cover letter outlining your experience in relation to the 10 key accountabilities and selection criteria, your CV/resume and the names and contact details of 2 previous supervisors, academic and/or professional referees.
To discuss the role please contact Sarah Vautin, Land Property Manager on 03 6169 2842. Applications close at 9.00am on Tuesday 29 January 2019.
- Risk and Strategy Business Partner - STT has undertaken significant work in identifying its risk appetite, strategic and operational risks. It is now seeking a professional to take risk function to the next level. The Risk and Strategy Business Partner provides leadership and management in actively identifying, monitoring and mitigating these key risks.
To discuss the role please contact David Bartlett, General Manager Business Development and Strategy, during business hours on 03 6169 2805 or 0413 041759. Applications close 9.00am Wednesday on 30 January 2019.
- Contracts Business Partner - STT has committed to a business simplification project for contract management and the implementation of an Electronic Document Management System to support a wide range of contract types.This role provides leadership in delivery of the project and more broadly, the development and implementation of contemporary, well managed sales and procurement contract management processes (digitised) so that STT’s contracting risks are identified, monitored and managed.
The role is to commence in February 2019, is based in our Hobart office and is a 2 year fixed term full time role under the Sustainable Timber Tasmania Enterprise Agreement 2018.
To discuss the role please contact David Bartlett, General Manager Business Development and Strategy, during business hours on 03 6169 2805 or 0413 041759. Applications close 9.00am on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
- Legal and Compliance Advisor - This role will provide practical legal advice and support to the Company Secretary and General Counsel in order to support all areas of Sustainable Timber Tasmania including property, commercial, operations and compliance. The role will assist the Company Secretary and General Counsel and key stakeholders in briefing and managing the outsourcing of specialist legal advice and includes drafting, preparing, negotiating, reviewing and settling legal agreements, particularly transport and harvesting contracts, property leases and licenses.
Commencing in February/March 2019, it is based in our Hobart office and is a permanent full time position. Applications close 9.00am on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
To discuss the role please contact Jacqueline Puig, Company Secretary and General Counsel, during business hours on 0437 057 757.
- Senior Forest Officer - Harvesting. This role is responsible for delivering wood production plans to meet agreed targets in a safe, commercial and environmentally sound manner. We are looking for someone with a passion for natural resource management who will work throughout production forests in beautiful North-Eastern Tasmania.
Commencing in February/March 2019, it is based in our Perth office and is a permanent full time position. Applications close 9.00am on Tuesday 4 February 2019.
To discuss the role please contact Peter Williams, Production Manager North, during business hours on 0417 366086.
- Communications and Engagement Advisor - This role manages media issues, government relations and stakeholder engagement within a small, collaborative and innovative team environment.
Commencing in February/March 2019, it is based in our Hobart office and is a permanent full time role. Applications close at 9.00am on Tuesday 12 February 2019.
How to apply for a position with Sustainable Timber Tasmania.
Please refer to the attachment below.